Aerial Yoga Teacher Training for Kama Fitness
The next Kama Fitness Aerial Yoga Teacher Training will be held: June 15 - June 20 at Yoga OM Alaska
Please e-mail Karlene@KamaFitnessNH.com if you are interested in applying for our next training,
or would like to host a training at your studio!
This course will develop you as a yoga teacher in how to instruct aerial yoga. Completing this course will give you a thorough understanding of aerial yoga and will also make you eligible to teach aerial yoga classes for Kama Fitness, LLC. This course is also beneficial for those looking to deepen their aerial yoga practice, but do not wish to teach. Aerial Yoga is a wonderful way to refresh your yoga practice or teaching practice. Aerial fabric helps students explore movement and increase strength, flexibility, and body awareness.
This is an exciting opportunity--
You are currently one of the first pioneers in the world of Aerial Yoga. While aerial has been an art that has been well established in the circus community, it has only recently been transferred to the Yogic world. This is an exciting endeavor – you are stepping into some uncharted territory, and have the chance to create unique movements and flows, assist students in the therapeutic art of aerial, and foster a mind-body connection and awareness.
200 hour RYT certification under a Yoga Alliance accredited affiliation
Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
Group Fitness or Personal Trainer Certification
It is helpful if you have prior experience teaching group fitness and/or yoga classes.
***Contact Karlene for approval or further clarification at Karlene@KamaFitnessNH.com
It is required that you have attended at least 20 aerial yoga classes (or over 6 months of classes)
prior to the start of this teacher training.
Kama Fitness Aerial Yoga Manual (included in tuition)
The Course Break Down
· How to create a class sequence that is balanced and logical
· Learning aerial yoga moves with focus on key engagements and proper alignment
· Aerial Yoga moves and their purposes – hip openers, forward folds, backbends, inversions
· Restorative versus Strengthening poses in aerial classes
· Conditioning work using aerial apparatus
· Engaging proper muscles, strengthening and stretching in a safe range of movement
· How to balance a multi-level class.
· How to cue and offer modifications.
· How and when to assist.
· Assisting in classes.
· 5 hours of aerial yoga classes and observations (included in tuition).
· How to rig and maintain equipment.
· Peer teaching and feedback.
· Applied anatomy.
· Teaching 3 Aerial Yoga classes with supervision and feedback.
· Sequence writing.
· Personal Practice and Self Reflection
$100 non-refundable application fee
$1200 after “early bird” deadline
$200 cancellation fee
(Payment Plans are available. Please ask.)
Training - Level One Aerial Yoga Teacher
Meet 5 times (once per month, 2 hours each) for 10 hours of training
Attend 5 Aerial Yoga Classes (included in tuition)
Teach 3 Aerial Yoga classes (supervised, with feedback)
Written Portion Teaching Methodologies and Self Reflection
Eligibility to be hired for full or part time position at Kama Fitness Studios
The next training will be held in JUNE 2018 at YOGA OM ALASKA