Aerial Yoga Teacher Training for Kama Fitness
Please e-mail Karlene@KamaFitnessNH.com if you are interested in applying for our next training,
or would like to host a training at your studio!
This course will develop you as a yoga teacher in how to instruct aerial yoga. Completing this course will give you a thorough understanding of aerial yoga and will also make you eligible to teach aerial yoga classes for Kama Fitness, LLC. This course is also beneficial for those looking to deepen their aerial yoga practice, but do not wish to teach. Aerial Yoga is a wonderful way to refresh your yoga practice or teaching practice. Aerial fabric helps students explore movement and increase strength, flexibility, and body awareness.
This is an exciting opportunity--
You are currently one of the first pioneers in the world of Aerial Yoga. While aerial has been an art that has been well established in the circus community, it has only recently been transferred to the Yogic world. This is an exciting endeavor – you are stepping into some uncharted territory, and have the chance to create unique movements and flows, assist students in the therapeutic art of aerial, and foster a mind-body connection and awareness.
200 hour RYT certification under a Yoga Alliance accredited affiliation
Group Fitness or Personal Trainer Certification
A relevant degree, certification, or education in physical fitness
It is helpful if you have prior experience teaching group fitness and/or yoga classes.
***Contact Karlene for approval or further clarification at Karlene@KamaFitnessNH.com
It is required that you have attended at least 10 aerial yoga classes (or over 3 months of classes)
prior to the start of this teacher training.
Materials You Will Receive:
Kama Fitness Aerial Yoga Manual eBook and Hard-copy
3 month Subscription to Kama Fit TV
Resource material hand outs and testing materials
Certificate of Completion with eligibility to teach at host studio
Eligible to get Yoga Alliance credit hours for continuing education
The Course Break Down
In this Course, You will Learn:
· How to create a class sequence that is balanced and logical.
· Learning aerial yoga moves with focus on key engagements and proper alignment.
· Aerial Yoga moves and their purposes – hip openers, forward folds, backbends, inversions.
· Restorative versus Strengthening poses in aerial classes.
· Conditioning work using aerial apparatus.
· Engaging proper muscles, strengthening and stretching in a safe range of movement.
· How to balance a multi-level class.
· How to cue and offer modifications.
· How and when to assist.
· Assisting in classes.
· 5 hours of aerial yoga classes and observations (included in tuition).
· How to rig and maintain equipment.
· Peer teaching and feedback.
· Applied anatomy.
Incorporating the Yamas and Niyamas into your practice.
Creating you own flows, transitions, and unique poses.
· Teaching 3 Aerial Yoga classes with supervision and feedback.
· Sequence writing.
· Personal Practice and Self Reflection
$150 non-refundable application fee (goes toward total tuition)
$1100 Early Bird Single Payment
$1250 Single Payment
3 Payments of $450 Payment Plan
(For private training of 1-3 people, please ask directly for separate pricing scale)
Level One Aerial Yoga Teacher
50 hour Week Long Teacher Training
25 hour Weekend Teacher Training
Attend 5 Aerial Yoga Classes (included in tuition)
Teach 3 Aerial Yoga classes (supervised, with feedback)
Written Portion Teaching Methodologies and Self Reflection
Eligibility to be hired for full or part time position at Kama Fitness Studios