Aerial Yoga Manual (4th EDITION, 2019)
-- Class Sequences
-- More Poses!
-- Incorporating the 8 Limbs of Yoga into your class and Drishti
-- Silk Care, Rigging, and creating your own Silks Spray
--Creating Your Own Flows and Poses
This is an exciting opportunity--
You are currently one of the first pioneers in the world of Aerial Yoga. While aerial has been an art that has been well established in the circus community, it has only recently been transferred to the Yogic world. This is an exciting endeavor – you are stepping into some uncharted territory, and have the chance to create unique movements and flows, assist students in the therapeutic art of aerial, and foster a mind-body connection and awareness.
This manual is the Second Edition to our Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Program at Kama Fitness, LLC. Withover100 poses, this manual breaks down cueing, adjustments, and variations for all basic yoga poses translated into the aid of the aerial silk hammock. This manual focuses on how to teach effectively, with guidance and best practices, along with brief practical work.
The Course Break Down
· How to create a class sequence that is balanced and logical
· Learning aerial yoga moves with focus on key engagements and proper alignment
· Aerial Yoga moves and their purposes – hip openers, forward folds, backbends, inversions
· Restorative versus Strengthening poses in aerial classes
· Conditioning work using aerial apparatus
· Engaging proper muscles, strengthening and stretching in a safe range of movement
· How to balance a multi-level class.
· How to cue and offer modifications.
· How and when to assist.
· How to rig and maintain equipment.
· Peer teaching and feedback.
· Applied anatomy.
· Sequence Class Examples for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced levels
· Personal Practice and Self Reflection